Les Gaulois is a group of French speakers (nearly 2,000 registered individuals) who meet once or twice a week in San Francisco Bay.
Whether you want to play pétanque, go for a hike, play tarot, go out dancing, take archery lessons, etc… The group is there to welcome you to gatherings and also to consider the events you would like to organize or suggest. The only requirement is to speak French, even just a little bit.
Gatherings include events like :
- Gastronomy: bars, restaurants, picnics, wine tastings, regional banquet (everyone prepares a dish from their region), annual banquet
- Sport: hiking, petanque, archery, running, climbing, cycling
- Culture: museum visits, city tours, film festivals
- Miscellaneous: dance evenings, tarot parties, billiard evenings, volunteering
“The group has already generated many friendships, love stories, and even three weddings! And I was the officer for one of them” explains Pierre Hiller, who has managed the group for more than 5 years with the help of a handful of indomitable Gaulish (Guillaume, Claude, Philip)…
Come and join Les Gaulois at the next events! Just register on the meet-up group, it’s free!
A few numbers:
- Les Gaulois count about 2000 members.
- 1-2 events per week, usually in the South Bay (between Redwood City and San Jose) and once in a while in Half-Moon Bay, Santa Cruz, and Carmel.
- 1 event per month in San Francisco. The group is aiming for two events per month in San Francisco for the remainder of 2022.
How to join the community:
- The Meetup group where to register (for free): https://www.meetup.com/LesGaulois/
- The Facebook page to be notified of events: https://www.facebook.com/LesGauloisSanFranciscoBay
- Their brand new interactive Facebook group for suggestions of podcasts, video series, music, bakeries, restaurants, movies https://www.facebook.com/groups/lesgauloissanfrancisco
Become an Ambassador:
If you are interested in becoming event hosts, contact Pierre Hiller via the meet-up group, the more, the merrier! In his own words, “Anyone who wants to propose events is welcome!”
The next major gathering is the annual picnic where you can bring a dish from your region to share or drinks etc. There are already 70 people registered as we write this!! Get your spot! This is an opportunity to meet new people!
Date: Saturday May 21st, 2022 from 11 am to 6 pm
Contribution : 5$ to cover cost of BBQ and park reservation
Address: Cuesta Park à Mountain View (GPS details here)
Big parking lot: 697 Cuesta Dr, Mountain View.
Small parking lot: 227 Cuesta Dr, Mountain View
Click here for details and for registration