Do you want to go back to the theater in 2022 and enjoy plays and shows in French? The Theatre du Lycée Français has just published its programming for the 2022 season and will thus allow all of us to return to shows “for real” from January!
You will be able to applaud the Turing Machine, the big winning show granted with Molières in 2019, or some plays with Julie Gayet, Judith Henry, or Jean Pierre Darroussin!
But the Theatre du Lycée Français, like all other cultural organizations, has been hit hard by the health crisis, and more than ever, it needs your help in 2022.
The programming of the Théâtre du Lycée Français is quite exceptional and attracts a large and growing French-speaking and Francophile audience, and MerciSF is happy to be one of its spokespersons.
Year after year, Frédéric Patto, its artistic director helped by his volunteers, spoiled us: Richard Berry, Patrick Timsit, Barbara Schultz, Thierry Lhermitte, Clémentine Célarié, Francis Perrin, Pierre Richard, Charlotte de Turckheim .. The actors’ list is impressive.
And he has brought an incredible selection of Moliere awarded plays and rewarded at Festival d’Avignon
So, if you are like us, delighted to attend high-quality performances without taking a return plane ticket to France, support the Théâtre du Lycée Français, now called Théâtre Erick Moreau by becoming a sponsor. This will allow you, among other things, to have access to many privileges such as being able to book your tickets before they are accessible to the general public.
There are several levels of engagement and ways to support TLF action:
- an online donation or by check in US dollars* by clicking here
- a donation in Euros** by transfer from a European bank account or by check.
Checks are to be addressed to Lycée Français de San Francisco – 1201 Ortega St – San Francisco, CA 94112 USA.
If you make your donation before December 15, 2021, your name may appear in the paper program for the 2022 season.
Donations in US Dollars * are deductible from your taxes collected in the United States. Donations in Euros ** are deductible from your taxes collected in France.
MerciSF is pleased to share the 2022 Season program
Six plays, a musical, a classical dance show, a singing show, and six film screenings are listed for this new season. Not for forget the visit of Julie Gayet, Judith Henry, Jean Pierre Darroussin and more.
- January, cinema with the film Fahim king of chess
- February, the play Vol au Dessus d’un nid de Coucou (Flight over a cuckoo’s nest February 15 to 18)
- March, a rich program made up of dance, theater, and cinema
– March 2 & 3: Je ne serai pas arrivée là si … with Julie Gayet and Judith Henry
– March 11: San Francisco Ballet School
– March 18: film Adieu les cons
- Avril, theater with the play Nos années parallèles directed by Virginie Lemoine (April 8)
- May, a concert by the SF Girl Chorus conducted by Valérie Sainte-Agathe (May 16) and a children’s film on May 14, screened in the morning
- June, will end the school year with the film La folie des grandeurs with Yves Montand, Louis de Funés (June 10)
- July, August, summer break
- September resumes with
– Jean-Pierre Darroussin in the play Rimbaud en feu
– the play Désaxé (September 23)
- October, Dans la peau de Cyrano
- November, La Machine de Turing, winner of the Molières 2019 (November 4)
- And in December, the season ends with the traditional screening of a French heritage film with a “sing-along” type evening, on December 9 (2022)
And if you are not yet convinced that it is important to support the TLF, know that there is a Cinema program that allows you to see classics, or recent films to which we will not necessarily have access in streaming, or at least not with the participation of the directors for a Q&A – as often happens at TLF cinema.
The films are subtitled in English for the enjoyment of all. The programming is done with the help of The French American Cultural Society.
MerciSF says “MERCI” to TLF