Please note, this procedure for obtaining a health pass applies to all French citizens and their relatives vaccinated abroad if they are already in France or in the European Union, or if they arrive before August 31, 2021.
(Translation of the Official Communication from the Consulate General of France in San Francisco): In order to facilitate the stay in France of French people and their relatives vaccinated abroad with vaccines recognized by the European Medicines Agency or equivalent, the Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs has set up a unit to produce QR-codes for French people vaccinated abroad.
Requests for QR-codes and receipt of QR-codes are made by email. The QR-code obtained can be printed and presented on paper, or added to the TousAntiCovid application, to justify vaccination status.
1 / Who can request a health pass? The health pass can be requested under the following conditions:
- Be of French nationality or a family member of a French national;
- Be 18 years of age or over (until September 30, 2021 the health pass is not required for minors 12 to 17 years old. Minors under 12 are not subject to the health pass requirement) ;
- Have been vaccinated with a vaccine accepted by the European Medicines Agency or equivalent since:
– more than 4 weeks after injection for single-dose vaccines (Johnson & Johnson);
– more than 7 days after the second injection for two-dose vaccines (Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca);
– more than 2 weeks after the injection if the person has recovered from Covid-19 (in this case, only one injection is necessary);
- Must not have been vaccinated in one of the following countries: Member States of the European Union, Andorra, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, Switzerland. These countries allow obtaining the EU digital Covid certificate, which is accepted in France;
- Already be in France or in the European Union or arrive in France before August 31 (limit set initially, the system will be extended as and when).
2 / How to apply for a health pass? The following documents must be sent in electronic form only (in pdf, jpg, or png format):
- the application form (can be completed without printing it)
- the vaccination certificate, drawn up according to the rules of the country of vaccination and clearly showing the type of vaccine used;
- an identity document (passport or valid identity card);
- proof of residence abroad (consular card, driving license indicating the address of residence abroad, gas, telephone or electricity bill for residence abroad, title deed or rental lease (1st page), rent receipt, housing insurance certificate, etc.);
- for the spouse or family member of a French national:
– a copy of the identity document of the country of which he / she holds the nationality, valid;
– proof of the existing legal link with the spouse and / or child (copy of marriage certificate or family record book, PACS certificate, birth certificate on which the PACS registration appears, child’s birth certificate). Any document written in a foreign language must be the subject of a certified translation into French.
Please note, a request is nominative and personal. It cannot contain multiple requests. For example: for a family, a separate email must be sent for each member of the family with each time the required documents concerning him.
3 / Where and how to send the request? The consulates can not issue these QR-codes.
For French people in the consular districts of San Francisco, Los Angeles, Houston, and Atlanta only, the request must be sent electronically only to the following address:
This address is dedicated exclusively to processing health pass requests for French people and relatives vaccinated abroad.
(For French people from other consular districts in the United States, the address is as follows: Certificatefirstname.lastname@example.org)
To facilitate the processing of requests received, the email must be sent with a title worded as indicated below: COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE / LAST NAME First name (for example ETATS-UNIS / DUPONT Jean).
For families or French people, it is requested to send a request electronically per person.
The total weight of the attachments to each message must not exceed 10 MB.
4 / FAQ and online assistance
You will find the answers to your possible questions here:
The consulates are not competent to answer questions related to the issuance of health passes. In case of questions or difficulties, please contact the following single point of contact: Assistanceemail@example.com
Thank you to the Consulat Général de France à San Francisco.