(Sponsored Article) – As a family or as a couple, go on new road trip adventures with Cypress Overland.
Overlanding is “traveling by road off the beaten track, and being as independent as possible in terms of cooking, eating and sleeping”. It’s the new way of camping to enjoy the great outdoors without the crowds!
Overlanding allows you to leave asphalt roads and reach places only accessible by 4×4 (unlike camper vans).
Cypress Overland is a family business and belongs to two young francophone parents from San Francisco, passionate about Overlanding. Their story with Cypress Overland is surprising: as they were moving from the East Coast to the West Coast, and while their furniture and boxes were on their way to San Francisco, they decided to use that time to drive cross country. So they drove one of the Cypress Overland’s vehicles following the routes and advice they were given. When they arrived in the Bay Area, they had enjoyed the experience so much that they bought the company, convinced that this way of traveling was a new trend!
They now operate from San Francisco but can hand over the vehicles wherever you want (California, Nevada, Oregon etc.. with a surcharge for remote delivery).
Three types of vehicles are available, all with rooftop tents:
- The Family size: the New Jeep Radiator Roof Top Tent for 2 adults + 2 children is the latest addition to the fleet and the most spacious. It will allow you to show children a way of traveling as close as possible to nature. (the red one)
- The Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Roof Top Tent for 2 people (the yellow one)
- Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro Pop Up Camper for 2 adults + one child (the blue one)
Each vehicle is equipped with essential accessories including a superb kitchen module that allows you to cook fresh products during the trip !! All the equipment is premium and includes kitchen, fridge/freezer, outdoor shower, fire pit, grill, table, chairs, headlamps, toolbox with ropes, saw, ax … Everything is thought out so that you only have to come with your luggage. And the icing on the cake: the mattresses that are in the rooftop tents, have been selected for optimum comfort.
So what is the difference with camping?
Overlanding is about being able to camp in the middle of nowhere by taking roads dedicated to 4WD. Your itinerary will allow you to alternate between sections of road or even freeways and adapted paths with stops where you will appreciate taking your time.
Cypress Overland gives you access to unique places away from the crowds by providing you with GPS coordinates. Dispersed camping is permitted in California and surrounding states, in “BLM“, that is, public lands such as national forests.
Cypress Overland offers two packages:
- Pre-established itineraries: they suggest 3, 4, 6, or 7-day routes, from San Francisco to Yosemite, Death Valley, Big Sur, or Lost Coast … Whatever the duration, you can always choose between dispersed camping or traditional campsite or even alternate sleeping at the hotel.
- Personalized itineraries: with this option, Cypress Overland takes care of everything from A to Z. Daily itinerary with route recommendations based on weather conditions, list of points of interest and activities to do each day with distance and time of travel between each camp, personalized routes to take the less-traveled paths with the off-road option, developed and dispersed camping options and sharing of GPS coordinates + equipment of a GPS device with all the roads/campsites/POI’s (Garmin Overlander)!
Prices go from $ 195 per day
Either way, Cypress Overland will provide a brief training session to get the most out of the vehicle, its equipment, and the routes, and provide you with the appropriate maps depending on your destination.
A different and unique way to discover the great American Outdoor!