The 11th edition of My French Film Festival (MyFrenchFilmFestival in one word) is taking place online from January 15th to February 15th, 2021.
This unique online festival organized by UniFrance proposes to a worldwide audience to discover up to 30 French and francophone movies on some sixty streaming platforms including Apple TV + (in 90 territories), Amazon Prime Video, Google Play or Mubi. Out of those 30 French productions, 20 are in competition. A competition divided between ten features and ten short films.
“This 11th edition will have an even stronger impact this year with the importance of platforms due to the health crisis” said Serge Toubiana, president of UniFrance.
The 10 feature films presented in the competition are
- Adolescentes, by Sébastien Lifshitz (France)
- Camille by Boris Lojkine (France)
- Enormous by Sophie Letourneur (France)
- Felicità by Bruno Merle (France)
- Working Girls by Frédéric Fonteyne and Anne Paulicevich (Belgium, in partnership with Wallonie-Bruxelles Images)
- Heroes Don’t Die by Aude Léa Rapin (France)
- Josep by Aurel (France)
- Just Kids by Christophe Blanc (France)
- You Deserve A lover by Hafsia Herzi (France)
- Burning Ghost by Stéphane Batut (France)
Three feature films out of competition
- Kuessipan by Myriam Verreault (Canada, in partnership with Téléfilm Canada)
- Madame by Stéphane Riethauser (Switzerland, in partnership with SWISS FILMS)
- Orpheus by Jean Cocteau
The 10 short films presented in competition
- Beauty Boys by Florent Gouëlou (France)
- Empty Places by Geoffroy de Crécy (France)
- Intermisssion by Anthony Lemaitre (France)
- Nuclear Family by Faustine Crespy (Belgium, in partnership with Wallonie-Bruxelles Images)
- Blue Fear by Marie Jacotey and Lola Halifa-Legrand (France)
- Friend of a Friend by Zachary Zezima (France)
- Miss Chazelles by Thomas Vernay (France)
- Not a Word by Élodie Wallace (France)
- Sole Bio by Maxime Roy (France)
- First Goodbyes by Mathilde Profit (France)
Two short films presented out of competition
- Mutts by Halima Ouardiri (Canada, in partnership with Téléfilm Canada)
- Life of the Dead by Arnaud Desplechin (France)
Organized for several years in thematic sections mixing shorts and feature films, MyFrenchFilmFestival offers “Internet festival goers” the chance to discover the best of French and Francophone cinema.
This year, the international jury for the feature films section is made up of Monia Chokri, Franco Lolli, Mounia Meddour, Gianfranco Rosi, and Rosalie Varda.
The winning film will receive € 15,000 divided between the director, the producer, and the exporter.
For its part, the international press prize will be awarded by Susanne Burg (Germany), Robbie Eksiel (Greece), Zohour Harbaoui (Tunisia), Katie Parker (New Zealand), Daria Porycka (Poland), Clarence Tsui (Hongkong) and Veronika K. Zajdela (Slovenia). The public also gives their prize on the festival site.
Two non-competitive sections are also offered, including Kids Corner (animated short films) and New Horizons (dedicated to new images including VR).
The festival is free in the following territories: Africa, Latin America, Southeast Asia, South Korea, Poland, Romania and Russia-CIS. Elsewhere, feature films cost € 1.99 per unit or € 7.99 per pack. Short films are free anywhere in the world.