This map by arcgis.com shows the spread of the Glass Fire as of Wednesday, September 30, 2020 over Napa County. In all, more than 60,000 people evacuated through Napa, Sonoma County and Santa Rosa
Here are some “official” websites offering regular updates on the status of fires:
- The California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection provides an overview, maps, and a list of contacts at the bottom of the page: https://www.fire.ca.gov/incidents/2020/9/27/glass-fire/
- Regularly updated evacuation information for the Sonoma County is at Sonoma County emergency Update
- Links to local organizations providing temporary shelter and emergency support
A support structure for French and French-speaking individuals called Main dans la Main can help. This non-profit organization works in close collaboration with SFBA and the consulate.
Main dans la Main
– provides psychological support,
– helps people looking for temporary relocation,
– refer people to local services.
There are also representatives of the Security Committee organized by region who liaise with the Consulate in the various counties. Louis Zvandliet, director of Radoux, is the entry point for the Sonoma Napa region.
If you are a French citizen registered with the San Francisco Consulate, and if you live in the evacuated region, you should have received an SMS from the consulate reminding you how to reach them by phone or by email. You can also consult the website of the Consulate General of France in San Francisco for additional information for the community.
For air quality information sites, do not hesitate to consult the following page: Monitor air quality in real-time